FAQ for Participants
FAQ for Participants
Anyone who is
- A blogger
- 21 years old at the time of application submission
- A good story teller
- Has experience in writing tourism related or medical related blog in English language and/or his/her local language.
- In possession of a valid legal passport, and permitted to enter the Kingdom of Thailand
- Able to travel to Thailand November 21 to 27, 2010 for the Familiarization trip and February 25, 2011 (tentatively) to attend a press conference and announcement ceremony
- Complete the application form on www.medblogcontest.com while submitting one of your best, personally written, as applicable, blog link and its details (including Google page rank, number of unique visitors, number of page views, etc.) and tell us why you wish to participate in this contest and how you would promote your assigned medical tourism blog.
- Submission period : September 1 – October 31, 2010 (The application deadline is 11:59 PM (GMT +7)
Not necessary, but of course some knowledge about Thailand would help you write blog posts of more relevant interest and make your trip to the Kingdom even more fun.
The 12 finalists selection will be selected by judging committee based on
- Blogging experience and accomplishments (based on your submitted blog URL which will be verified by the Judging Committee)
- Knowledge about Medical, Tourism or/and Thailand
- Innovative ideas for promoting a Medical tourism blog.
Two winners will be selected by the number of unique visitors and best blog content. The finalist whose blog gets the highest unique visitors will be named the highest unique visitors winner whereas the finalist whose blog is selected as the best content will be named the best blog content winner of the Med Blog Contest. Prizes will be both cash and prizes. See awards details here.
For the Best Blog Content selection, the Judges Committee will select the appropriate winner using the following criteria:
1 Quality of the content
2 In-depth knowledge
4 Clarity and Readability
Remark: Special native judge(s) may be assigned to consider each language's blog posts
- There must be no violent, pornographic text, or abusive or illegal content and anything that is related to third party
- Each participant must complete the online registration form.
- Each participant must provide his/her true and current blog details because this information will affect the judge’s decision
- Submissions must be in English
- Participants can submit only one entry
- The participant’s profile will be shown online unless specified.
No, the destination will be given to each finalist on a lucky draw basis, which will take place during the finalists briefing session when all 12 finalists arrived in Thailand.
Each two of the twelve finalists will venture to one of the 4 destinations (Phuket
, Chiang Mai
, Ko Samui
) while 4 others explore 2 different routes in Bangkok
The twelve finalists will have to explore their destinations over a seven day period and share their daily experiences through online media channels while encouraging people to visit their blog link.
International air tickets to Thailand, domestic air tickets within Thailand (if any), accommodation and transportation with driver on selected destinations, selected meals, some medical and health treatments, including Travel insurance and local medical service in case of any emergency or accident.
Yes, Finalists have to bring their own electronic devices that help them record their trip such as video recorders, cameras, laptop, computers, and mobile phones.
No, Finalists will be given information containing medical facilities (e.g. hospital, clinic), spa facilities, other interesting places and attractions about their assigned destination which we will call “Itinerary” . The itineraries are planned and designed by TAT and the Organizer. The finalists will follow the itinerary for each of the seven consecutive days
All the assignment related expenses as mentioned in the itinerary will be reimbursed by Sponsor and organizer. Other costs will be considered participants’ personal expenses, which are not the responsibility of the event Sponsors, organizer or the TAT. Such expenses will be the responsibility of the contestants.
- Applications closed: October 31, 2010
- 12 finalist announced: November 8, 2010
- Fam trip period: November 21 to 27, 2010
- Competition (write & promote blog): November 22, 2010 - January 31, 2011
- Viewing / Best content selection: November 22, 2010 - January 31, 2011
- The winners announced: February 7, 2011